Progress is a leader in tight and unconventional natural gas development in the western Canadian sedimentary basin, and has been successful in securing some of the basin’s highest quality assets. Progress is the largest landholder in the prolific Montney fairway, which represents the growth engine of the future for the Company. Progress is aggressively developing the Montney as it seeks to prove up reserves and increase production to supply a future LNG terminal at Lelu Island on the west coast of British Columbia.
With over 200 employees, we are committed to working together and building upon the strengths of the team. We believe in the continued growth of our company and have a vested interest in ongoing success. At Progress we encourage initiative, professional development and career growth and we offer a positive, dynamic and challenging working environment. With a competitive total compensation package and a track record of success, Progress seeks the brightest and most talented professionals in their area of expertise to join our team.
Progress Energy is currently seeking an Engineer or Technologist to support the Water Management Team in managing daily operations and assist in planning of both the near and long term water management strategy. The position is based in our Calgary office but travelling to field locations to liaise with field staff is required.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure regulatory compliance and reporting to the OGC
- Highly focused on environmental awareness
- Track daily and project costs and ensure budgetary targets are being met
- Track fluid inventories including fresh and produced water volumes and post-frac fluid recoveries
- Help establish and track key performance indicators for water management operations
- Assist in establishing and implementing Water Management operations standards and procedures
- Prepare job specific fracture fluid transfer programs including pipeline hydraulics and fluid logistics
- Work with internal disciplines to ensure water projects are in-line with corporate development plans
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Completion of an accredited technologist Diploma or Engineering Degree
- Previous oilfield experience is an asset
- Must be able to travel to NE British Columbia as needed
- Excellent time management
- Strong computer and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Wellview, Siteview, Accumap is beneficial
Progress would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.