Progress is a leader in tight and unconventional natural gas development in the Western Canadian Sedimentary basin, and has been successful in securing some of the basin’s highest quality assets. Progress is the largest landholder in the prolific North Montney fairway, which represents the growth engine of the future for the Company. Progress is aggressively developing the North Montney as it seeks to prove up reserves and increase production to supply a future LNG terminal at Lelu Island on the west coast of British Columbia.
With over 250 employees, we are committed to working together and building upon the strengths of the team. We believe in the continued growth of our company and have a vested interest in ongoing success. At Progress we encourage initiative, professional development and career growth and we offer a positive, dynamic and challenging working environment. With a competitive total compensation package and a track record of success, Progress seeks the brightest and most talented professionals in their area of expertise to join our team.
Progress is looking for an Aboriginal Relations Administrator to join our team. Reporting to the Director, Aboriginal Relations & Surface Land; the successful candidate will provide administrative services to support the Aboriginal Relations team, and will show an interest in learning about the business at Progress and growing within the company. The incumbent will be highly organized and have strong time management skills. We value teamwork, a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist with document organization and providing general and varied clerical support
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, Job Fairs, Community Gatherings, etc. with First Nations
- Prepare and manage incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Enter meeting minutes, emails and correspondence in Staketraker software
- Additional projects and tasks as assigned
- Assisting the Aboriginal Relations Advisors with administering contracts and agreements with the First Nations, and where required
- Prepare or assist with projects, presentations, written reports or documents
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Completion of certificate diploma or degree from a related program is required
- 2 years minimum of related experience in supporting a team in managing key stakeholder groups
- Experience working with Aboriginal Communities would be considered an asset
- Previous experience working with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs ie. MS word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel are required
- An ability to work independently, take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to multi-task and efficiently respond to changing priorities
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills
#LI-POSTIf you are interested in one of the following career opportunities posted, please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com.
Progress would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.