Progress Energy focuses on human and business interactions that are grounded in respect, trust and a commitment to enhance the future and traditional well-being of the Aboriginal people and all other communities impacted by its operations.
Progress Energy accomplishes this by:
- Soliciting feedback to improve cultural awareness and understand treaty rights
- Sharing development plans with First Nations
- Maintaining an in-depth consultation process in regards to upcoming projects
- Supporting First Nation Economic Opportunities
- Building economic, social and business paths for Aboriginal people to find jobs, establish and sustain businesses, and participate in joint ventures